Friday, February 25, 2011

This is Kyouko's escapism.

Previously, I had doubts about whether Ren really deserved Kyouko, considering all the mental torture he puts her through.

Right now, I'm having the same doubts for Kyouko. Does she deserve him? True, Ren hadn't been completely honest with Kyouko. But short of saying an "I love you", I think his affections are now quite visible. However, the response to his passion seems to spell out, "I'm afraid of you."

I did anticipate Kyouko in denial, and even attempt to fight against these feelings, trying to snuff them out. But the extent of which she had gone to, and will go to, that I did not see coming. Is this what she really wants? To turn away her own feelings? To turn away someone caring for her?

Anyway, perhaps there is still some hope. She wasn't as ignorant as we all thought. She interrupted Ren on purpose, because she knows what she was going to say. Even after those times, such as Ren kissing her, or trying to compliment her, when her feelings were stirred those times, she did not bring herself to try to put some distance between them. She was still worried, and still concerned for Ren. Perhaps she can still do the same.

About Kyouko's new image, I personally don't like it. I know some of you guys love it, but I hated it. To me, this is her vain and cold outlook. I don't know how many of you guys love it, but I couldn't bring myself to like it, no matter how good she looks.

And some people are wondering, why did the author skip the few days of events with Mio and Setsu. Well, my guess is, those times, she was forced to be someone else rather than herself, so, nothing special to report. It's the times she was being herself that we have to take note of.

About the cover page. Everyone is saying, she has boobs. Hello?! I'm a guy! But the first thing I noticed, is that she is pulling out an electronic heart from within her chest!! ISN'T THAT MORE WORTH NOTICING?! Am I the only one who saw that? Doesn't it strike any one else as GORY?

Predictions, I have none. I'm too scared to predict anything, to be honest. But, I do have a dramatized scenario that I am hoping to see, which will never happen in a few thousand years of course. Well, I personally love drama and passion, and can't get enough of them.

Scenario Script:

Kijima excuses himself from Kyouko to greet a few people. Kyouko is left alone for a while, deep in thought of her actions and Ren. "It's for the best..." She tells herself. "Soon, all this confusion will go away..."

Suddenly, someone places his hand on her shoulders. Surprised, she turns around, and sees that it is Ren.

Ren: Good evening, Mademoiselle. Might I have the honor of knowing your name?

Startled, Kyouko shakes him off, and takes a step away.

Kyouko: Tsuruga-san?

Ren: Did I startle you? My apologies. You are the most beautiful person here tonight. I just have to know your name.

Ren smiles at her. But Kyouko can tell that this is one of his fake smiles. And the way he calls her beautiful, it just doesn't sound like a compliment at all.

Kyouko: Tsuruga-san, what's wrong? It's me, Mogami Kyouko!

Ren: Mogami Kyouko? Hah. Really now. It's funny how you say that.

Ren says this as if he was repeating a bad joke.

Ren: The Mogami-san I knew, would never splurge on expensive clothes, or thick make-up! How much did that wig of yours cost?

(In Kyouko's mind, she was thinking, "What is he talking about? This is not the first time he sees me with make-up and costume on.")

Kyouko: What are you talking about? I didn't buy this!

Ren: You didn't buy this? Oh, I see what's going on now. That darn Kijima paid for you, didn't he? He paid everything for you, and you just jumped at the opportunity, didn't you?

Ren appears to be angry, and Kyouko is afraid again. At this moment, Kijima comes back.

Kijima: Is everything okay?

Ren: Everything is fine. Just fine!

Kijima: What's going on?

Ren: Do you mind? We're trying to have a conversation here!

Ren: You must be really feeling proud of yourself right now, Mogami-san. So how does it feel, spending someone else's money?

Kijima: I believe that's my date you're talking to.

Ren: Your date?! Oh, I see what's going on now.

Ren: So that's it. All he has to do is to be willing to spend money on you, and that's all it takes to get you for a date. I happen to be very rich too, just so you know.

Kijima: Okay, that's it. I think you've had enough to drink for tonight.

Ren: Get out of my way!

Ren throws Kijima with such a force, that he falls down. Kyouko is genuinely scared. Ren is angry, and the anger is directed at her. Kyouko goes over to Kijima to help him up.

Kyouko: Kijima-san! Are you okay? Tsuruga-san! What are you doing?! This isn't like you at all!

Ren: What am I doing? What about you! What are you doing?! Just look at you! Is this what you really want? Is this the kind of woman you want to be? You're better than that!

Ren grabs her hand as she stood up. Kyouko is frightened, but is determined to stand up to him this time. She shakes off his hand.

Kyouko: Stop it! You don't know anything about me!

Ren: You're absolutely right. I thought I knew you. Turns out, I was wrong! Is this the kind of woman that you are? You'd just accept any gift from man? And if he buys clothes for you, you'd just go out with him?!

In anger, Kyouko slaps him as her reply. A slow pause. Finally, feeling sad, yet angry, Kyouko says something again.

Kyouko: So what if it is what I wanted? Why are you so angry? This is exactly why I didn't want to be near you! Can't you see? I am afraid of you! I am really, really afraid of you!

Ren: Well, you don't have to be afraid any more. Because after tonight, I will never get angry over you again. Ever.

Ren grabs a champagne glass from the nearby table, now all eyes watching them.

Ren: Cheers to you. May Mogami-san always gets what she wants.

Ren downs the drink in one shot, then dashes the glass on to the floor, shattering it. He turns around and walks away. Ren stops, turns back a bit to say something.

Ren: By the way. I have no need for any magic. There's no such thing as Magic!

He faces forward.

Ren: And I have no need for any protective charms either.

He mutters under his breath. "Everything was fine. Then I met you..."

Ren continues walking, and leaves.

End of Script.

Okay, so, something like this will obviously not happen in this universe, or in the parallel universe. But I love drama. As in, I really really love drama! Melodrama like this, I jump right at them! I was thinking, what could be the most dramatic scene possible, and this is what I came up with!

So whaddya guys think?! Is it dramatic enough? :D

(reply in 171 section, thanks.)